These guidelines have been established so that everyone can get the most out of authoring/commenting/networking on our core DMU systems and non-DMU technologies used for University-related learning, teaching and assessment activities.
There is a particular focus on the use of online communication and collaboration.
- Posting: Do not flame or troll in any context, e.g. in a posting or comment. Unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually-oriented, racist, or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable. Please keep your postings and comments to a reasonable length for the material or activity at hand.
- Privacy: Never reveal personal information about yourself (for example: your telephone number, home address or email address). If you have helpful information to share, it should be relevant to the on-line task in-hand.
- Copyright: You agree to post only those materials to which you have the copyright or other permission to distribute electronically. Do not violate, plagiarise, or infringe on the rights of third parties including copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy, personal, publicity, or proprietary rights.
- Take-down: You may not post any defamatory or illegal material of any nature. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio. Posting a comment, message or image etc. with the intention of committing an illegal act is strictly prohibited. It is our policy to respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement. If you feel that your copyright has been infringed please email the site owner.
- Licensing: the content on DMU sites like LearningZone is licensed under a DMU license. Beyond DMU you need to check the licensing terms and conditions when you sign-up to a service.
- Blocking: Don’t cross-post comments to more than one thread or discussion or posting etc., or post off-topic messages or adverts for personal gain – this is classed as spamming. Impersonating someone else, or adopting an inappropriate username is unacceptable. Anyone who violates this policy may be blocked from contributing.
- All Rights Reserved: service operators may reserve the right to edit, delete, move, or mark as spam any and all comments, postings etc.. They also have the right to block access to any one or group from commenting or from the entire site. Check your rights and act accordingly.